To be the best among the best there must be a sacrifice. Not many people are willing to sacrifice for something that is uncertain. Only those who are really talented and have big soul will able to do something outside of the usual. As a result, success will definitely be with them. SHOUT H1 2016 revealed two talented individuals and they are one of the winners for the National Transformation Agent 2015.
- SUJANA MOHD REJAB, CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOUR PROJECT TRANSFORMATION’S BACKGROUND THAT YOU HAD CREATED?This project started during the year of 2014. At that time, I was looking at the 3D printing until I found one article about a kid from United States who received free “3D hand”. So, from there, I was thinking to come out with a printed 3D hand. I have uploaded one design about that on Facebook to find anyone who are willingly to try my design. However, many were not interested. After 8 months, I decided to give the hand to this one girl, Ainaa Amanda who is 7 years old after knowing that she has no hands. From that moment my printed 3D hand became viral and caught people’s attention.
- WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
There are two types of hands, which are mechanical and electronic. Electronic is where we use battery and more expensive. For those who cannot afford it, they can use the mechanical. Anyone can do this 3D printing if they have the 3D printing and 3D software. Any individual can print it and give to everyone. This invention cannot be assumed as a human hand, but only aids as a tool. It can help the individual doing their daily task and in form of their psychology.
For example, a school boy who had a deformed hand will feel ashamed and isolated. By giving this 3D hand which looks like a robot, his friends will come close to him. Maybe after two or three months, he will no longer be wearing the 3D hand because he already felt comfortable seems like a normal human being. We are now targeting his psychological, not the hand.
- HOW WOULD THIS INVENTION WILL HELP THE SOCIETY?
Just imagine that you do not have your finger, and then I gave you one free finger. How would you feel? Happy isn’t? Whenever I invented this, I always put myself as low as them.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COSTS?
It depends on the type of disability but it cost around RM300 to RM1,000 for each mechanical hand and for the electronic type, it would costs around RM2,500 and above.
- HOW CAN WE INSPIRE TODAY’S GENERATION TO HAVE A BIG TALENT LIKE YOU?
Interests and concerns are important in producing more young people in this field. I had noticed that many young people were interested in it. Eventhough, if they are not talented, they can still contribute for the materials and energy to make this 3D hand prints. They can share it on their Facebook to support the project.
- YOU ARE AN ENGLISH TEACHER, WHY DO YOU RESIGN?
Yes, I quit. Not because that I lose interest but I want to get a different experience in delivering knowledge.
- WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE?
I want to become a producer of 3D printers which will be install itself here. It already exists. The items are 80 percent of rural and 20 percent from the state.
- IDOL AND INSPIRATION?
My idol is only one -Nabi Muhammad s.a.w. and my inspiration will always be Steve Jobs.
Source : SHOUT H1 2016, consumerinfo.my #connected #CFMmalaysia #CFMshout